A nose job (technically called a rhinoplasty) is surgery on the nose to change its shape or improve its function. It can be done for medical reasons — such as to correct breathing problems related to the nose or correct disfigurement resulting from trauma or birth defects. It can also be done for cosmetic reasons, which will change the nose’s shape and appearance.
You are requested to be a healthy individual in general terms in order to undergo an operation for rhinoplasty. The most suitable candidates for a rhinoplasty surgery can be evaluated in three categories:
1) Appearance: Most women or men who have made a decision to undergo a rhinoplasty operation desire this procedure in order to achieve a more beautiful look. The followings are among the most common reasons why patients apply for undergoing this surgery:
– Nose looking too large compared to the whole face,
– Appearance of nasal dorsal hump during profile view,
– Nose looking too wide during frontal view,
– A sagging or dropped nose tip,
– A thick or wide nose tip,
– Too wide nostrils,
– Nasal deviation towards right or left, and sometimes towards both sides looking like an “S” shape,
– An unpleasant appearance resulting from a previous operation (secondary surgery) performed in another center,
– An asymmetrical nose resulting from a previous wounding.
Following the operation, patients are extremely pleased with their general appearance, and their self-confidence increases remarkably. In various scientific studies, it has been revealed that this fact contributes positively to the patients’ social and professional lives.
2) Wounding: If you have been wounded in an accident which has caused a nasal deformity, rhinoplasty can be applied in order to help you considerably regain the former appearance of your nose.
3) Breathing: In patients with narrow nasal cavities especially caused by severe deviation, breathing problems can be eliminated by rhinoplasty and/or septoplasty.
During the first consultation, Dr. Uckan will examine you and have a conversation with you on issues such as your reasons to undergo this operation, your expectations about the outcome, and your general health condition. During this first examination, you may ask Dr. Uckan all questions on your mind; he will answer them all sincerely.
The motivation for rhinoplasty may be to change the appearance of the nose, improve breathing or both. If you’re a candidate for surgery, your surgeon will develop a customized plan for you.
Rhinoplasty surgery is customised for each patient, depending on his or her needs. Your surgeons will assess you accordingly during your online assessment to advise you on the procedure required. Your physical consultation will be held on the day of your procedure, to where you can discuss everything with your surgeon in full detail.
To learn more about the price, you can send us your full name and email address so that we can send you all details including the medical and non medical costs and we’ll book you a free consultation with our experienced surgeon.